Our dress code is designed to
encourage modesty and to build an appropriate learning environment.
Please ensure that your child dresses appropriately for school. If
a student's dress becomes a distraction to the educational
environment, it will be dealt with on an individual basis. Any item
of dress that is not identified below, and creates a distraction in
the educational environment, will be handled at the discretion of
the teacher and administration.
- Shirts should be proper fitting and long enough to cover
undergarments and stomachs.
- Spaghetti straps are not permitted.
- Items with inappropriate language or logos and/or items with
tobacco, alcohol or drug advertisements are not allowed.
- Pants and jeans should be size appropriate, not baggy,
oversized, tight, or expose undergarments.
- Pants must be worn at the waist.
- Length must reach the bottom of the fingertips when student is
standing straight with hands at side.
- Mini-skirts and short shorts are not allowed.
- Skirts should have leggings, tights, or shorts underneath.
- Only tennis shoes, with socks, should be worn.
- Earrings should not be hoop or dangling.
- Make-up should not be worn to school.
- No hats or hoods in the building.
- Hair must be of natural colors. Hairstyles should not be
unusual or distracting.
Upon violation of this dress
code, the parent will be notified and may be expected to come to
the school to bring suitable dress for the child to change into.
Continued violation may necessitate a conference with the child and
parent, and could lead to an out-of-school suspension.
Clothing and grooming which are
questionable in regard to modesty or appropriateness should be
avoided. The administration serves as the final authority in these